Monday, March 23, 2009

KL trip!

I had a wonderful time with my friends and 'family' from the 19th to 22nd of March. It was a really good time of enjoyment and fun for me (: My thanks goes to Christine and family, who so willingly let me put up in her place for a few nights, Sam, who taught me A LOT bout bball and gave me a tonne of useful tips and of course my friends who hung out with us in Sunway Pyramid!

- 19th -
My bus left the Sentral station at around 8.30 and I soon arrived in Shah Alam station, awaiting the arrival of Christine to pick me up (: I soon took lunch and then headed off for basketball with Sam. We met up with Wen Kye and had a good game. I learn't that I still have a lot to learn (:

- 20th -
I woke up late due to over-DotAing last night with Sam and left for Sunway Pyramid to meet up with the gang. Those present were, Alvin(duh), Allan, Mun Wai, Christine, Joan, Krystle, Ern Shern, Jae Wen, Kevin, Samuel and Bryant. We had a slow but nice lunch at Sakae Sushi and then a dilemma of where to go next. The choices were,
1. Bowling( I opted for this coz I was bad at skating)
2. RedBox Karaoke, but it was booked till 3.30 pm
3. Skating, not many brought gloves and it was pretty expensive

In the end, we all went for skating and had a great time. I actually learnt how to skate and DID NOT FALL. My thanks go to Krystle and Joan for taking their time to teach me (: We later sung a happy birthday song for the 3 musketeers and headed off for some Starbucks! We also had a gospel meeting in church with a lesson by Bro. Ron Gilbert from USA.
Later in the night, we all wished happy birthday to Christine for it was officially her birthday! Not forgetting to mention, Sam and I had more late-night DotA (:

- 21st -
Today, Christine and I visited the Atria Shopping Mall to check out a blood donation drive organized by the DU congregation. The good news was, we met up with Eunice and many other youths. The bad news was that we didn't have much time to spend with them. There was a pretty good response from the public and also from church members, kudos to the DU congregation for their tireless efforts! The best part of the day was during Christine's mini birthday party where I was fortunate enough to taste Aunty Shirley's Oreo cheesecake. She totally beats Secret Recipe (:

- 22nd -
Oh how time flies when you're having fun (: today, 3 youths were fortunate enough to have a special art class with Sis. Caroline from USA. Wen Liang, Christine and I stayed back after lunch to learn how to paint from her. We later head back home where I had to single-handedly help Christine out with her tuition work. All Wen Liang could do was sit down there and blabber the whole time, haha (; anyway, time was running short and my hour of departure drew nearer. Soon, I bade farewell to Christine, Aunty Tina and Bro. Chan Koon as they had to leave early to attend a dinner in Klang. Sam later brought me out for dinner at a nearby mamak after my final DotA game (:
After all is said and done, I did have a wonderful time in KL and I will come back up one day (:

No comments: