Saturday, February 27, 2010

..and after 3 weeks I will be risen from the dead..

Yes, your prayers have been answered and once more the long wait it over. Well if I continue posting about Singapore, my entire CNY and KL trip will be left out! So, in short..

1. We had a good time in SG
2. We had a very good time in SG
3. We had a very very good time in SG

For more info on what we've done, do check out Jonah's pictures on Facebook.

It's the time where little kids like you have been waiting for! Little kiddies eagerly anticipating their slips of brand new, cold hard, spanking hot cash packed in little red envelopes. It comes only once a year and how sad it is to see it go again. CNY has been a time where we reunite with old acquaintances, long lost relatives and annoying cousins. With my 10 fingers and toes, I could count how many cousins I have i bet eunice cant. Anywaaaay, CNY fell on a Sunday and we received our first angpaos after worship. Mei Mae was like a toll lady where she stood at the exit of the church building so no one would miss her. I was rather NOT surprised to see Bro Robert Ong wearing a new shirt on CNY. He then told us how much each apparel he donned costed.

Shirt-RM 10
Pants-RM10
Singlet-50 sen
Shoes-RM 5
Everything-made in China

This is what you get from the most humble man on earth! So for those of you(including me) who go for CNY shopping every year, why not try cheap made in China products? :D

Upon arriving home, I was greeted by a sea of relatives. It's a custom of my family for all the relatives to meet at my grandma's home. There were plenty of pictures taken and they're all up for views here and here. Over the next few days, many angpaos have I received, much food have I taken, many friends have I met, many loved ones reunited. Truly, it's the festive season of the year that makes every year complete and memorable.

KL TRIP
(I'm always going to KL am I?)

Followed my cousin back to PJ after CNY and stayed at his house for a day before I took the train to Shah Alam station for bible class. Unfortunately, my plans to put up 2 nights at Christine's place had to be changed as her mom was sick :_( so in the train to Shah Alam I rang up my good ol' auntie, Jessica! She gladly received my request and arranged for me to stay a night at her place. 5 mins later she called back and told me..

"Eh Alvin..my relatives suddenly came to my house to stay arr..sorry wei.."

Okaay, now I'm homeless and have nowhere to go. But thankfully, Bro Eng kindly hosted me for a few days. The next day was the highlight of this trip where a Subang-KK outing was organized by Joel Lee from Aus(I'm always going for trips am I?). I was pretty shocked upon finding out the Klang youths weren't invited lol but anyhow, we had a rather large group that day. As usual, we went for skating. Met up with Sue May and Sandra at the rink. Apparently, it was Jess' first time skating(I think) so she did the wall-hugging ritual as everyone did on their first time :P after A LONG LONG TIME we managed to get her off the wall to skate with us. I kept using the quotation, "Confucious say, the thousand mile journey begins with the first step! SO COME OFF THE WALL NOW!" and "imagine I'm Jesus and I'm calling you to walk on the ice to me like He asked Peter to walk on water...now Jessica, come to me!" hahaha, we had a good time skating. We also had the usual kacauing moments where Benjamin Wong deliberately messes up Eunice's hair so she would get all frustrated like a trussed turkey. After an hour or so, some of us had to leave for the Valentine's Day movie as we opted NOT to watch Percy Jackson. Sam, Kelly, Steph Yeow, Jess, Sean, Eunice and myself stopped by Subway to tapau(smuggle) food into the cinema :P trust me, VD is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT WHINEY PERCY JACKSON. We had a good laugh and many touching and shocking moments.

"I know it's Valentine's Day and so you folks must be busy and all, so I'm gonna tell you guys what I came here to tell you guys..I'm gay" *EPIC GASP*

"Teenage love, full of hope, full of promises, ignorant of reality"

"I need love, I need romance, I need roses and I need it from you"
"You need Jesus"

"So it's come to end of Valentine's Day and let's have those 3 words everyone wants to hear...
LET'S GET NAKED"

Hahahaha, we indeed had a fun ride in the cinema watching VD on the big screen. Sam was squealing and hugging me everytime something stupid was about to happen like a woman walks into a room where a boy was practising his guitar without any clothes on. Surprisingly, Eunice was pretty silent during the movie :P we then went back to the cinema to pass Joel's tickets to him while Steph went on to play Para Para Paradise. I did not enjoy myself watching her strut her "stuff" and do her "thing" lol. The loud and pounding music was too much for me to bear as well so Eunice and I decided to take a walk lol(Steph had 3 more tokens left to play PPP)
We later had the usual session of bowling where we put our physics and maths to good use. Jess, Eunice and I did the "masuk longkang" ritual where we will laugh at ourselves and facepalm everytime the bola masuk the longkang. Sam and Sean were the pro ones on the alley getting lotsa spares and hits. Sadly, Sean and Jess had to leave halfway for a prearranged dinner. We were then joined by the rest of the group and went for dessert at Tutti Frutti. It was ridiculously expensive but tasty too. Eunice had her's splattered with gummy bears and nata de coco while the others stuck to the basic choc chips and oreo. What a good way to end a long long day.

Pictures here! I'm still waiting for the pictures from Pauline's cam btw :P

Chao!



No comments: