Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Singapore Adventures 2

Alright folks! Let's get down to the serious business now, what happened in the 3 weeks I've spent there. Mind you, I won't go into as much detail as Jonah's as I don't to have Singapore Adventures #21 on my blog. That's too much work for a bunch of lazy fingers like mine :P

anyway..

Day 1
We said our goodbyes and headed off for lunch at the bus stop. Ate our last ever Malaysian dish before setting off for Singapore *sobs* the trip was rather boring and as usual I had my issues of sleeping on the bus where I can't get my 40 winks. Upon reaching the Malaysian Immigration Department we skimmed pass the counters like a hot knife through butter and boarded the bus once more. Unfortunately, the hot knife got stuck at the 2nd chunk of butter due to our forgetfulness, Jonah and I did not fill up the white card resulting in a 10 minute delay.

The bus ditched us. Great.

Anyhow, we took a bus to Kranji station and boarded the MRT to Tiong Bahru where we met up with Bro Chong Kwee. We had our dinner at a simple looking but awesome Chinese restaurant. Uniquely, they serve their drinks in bowls instead of the usual glass cups!

ice ice baby!

After the MOST fulfilling meal I will have in my 3-week stay in Singapore, we headed off to the CK Hotel. Yes yes, 5 star service with hot-water showers and fully air-conditioned rooms YAY!

oh yes, it comes with a 41-inch HD teevee too :D

Day 2
The next morning we were delivered right to the doorstep of 4 Seas Bible College(4C) by Aunty Moy Chee and lo and behold, I heard a familiar voice speak. The infamous Eddy Ee! We then met the rest of the 4C faculty and students which includes Bro Peter Chin, the dean of academics, Sister Pooi Fun, the librarian and Bro David Chew, President of the college. I was really excited to attend the first lecture which was on New Testament church. He delivered a good lesson on the New Testament church, outlining the difference between the true church of God and the ones built upon foundations of men instead of Christ. Bro Peter Chin's class was always something I'd look forward to. His Powerpoint and notes presentation PLUS his ridiculously awesome and smexy accent makes his class a fun one! After class we headed down for lunch. The Jurong building is so strategically positioned that they don't even have to walk 5 minutes to be in reach of 5 food courts. We were met by Bro Goh Leong Chuan, minister of Jurong COC and woots! FREE LUNCH! :D:D:D:D

Upon returning to class, along came Bro David Chew. It's a hot day, my stomach is stuffed with chicken rice, the room's cool and air-conditioned. Perfect time for a good sleep. Even though paying attention might be a problem, we try our best to stay awake and alive during his class. Lessons on 1 Corinthians can get a little dry at time. But I do enjoy his Greek classes due to the extensive help during translation and transliteration classes :P

The dorms we're quite good I must say. Comfortable beds and spacious wardrobes.

see? i wasn't lying :P

But who knew that it would be hard for one to sleep because IT'S VERY VERY VERY HOT AT NIGHT! Man, I can't even count the number of sleepless nights I had with my 10 fingers and toes.
So, we normally study before going to bed.

see? told ya we study!

Well that happened for the first few days only :P

What will Alvin and Jonah be up to next? Will they drown a fish? Will they be late for class??
Find out more next time on...

Singapore Adventures!

No comments: